Tips for hair loss in older women
The experts weigh in on the best hair care tips for older women
1. As hair ages, torture it less, not more. You’ll be tempted to break this rule but hairstyles for older women should involve less teasing, heat-styling and hair color. Hair loss in older women can be minimized by protecting fragile, thinning hair from excess styling damage.
2. Avoid a haircut rut. The long, stick-straight hairstyle of your youth will age you now. Instead, hairstylists recommend haircuts for older women with graduated layers kept close to the face. As our faces lose collagen and become more angular, long hairstyles for older women with layers will soften angular cheekbones and jawline.
3. Use moisturizing products to soothe dry scalp and hair. Thinning hair in older women is often dry, brittle and graying with dryer, flaky scalp. Maintain healthier scalp and hair with an invigorating hair thickening serum for women plus a moisturizing conditioner with Argan oil and hazelnut oil to nourish dry, aging hair.
4. The pixie cut is one of the best short hairstyles for older women because it spotlights your face. Keep the cut soft, slightly longer around the ears, and wispy at the forehead and neckline.
5. Don’t let your diet damage your hair. Hairstylists and experts agree: a healthy hair diet is one of the most critical steps to combat thinning hair in older women. Eat a balanced diet of lean proteins, vitamins and minerals.